Chicago Metro SUNA Social Media professional practice statement
Chicago Metro SUNA seeks to enhance its membership, professional engagement, and visibility through social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Chicago Metro SUNA Social Media Policy Statement
- Chicago Metro SUNA must uphold ethical and legal obligation to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality at all times (National Council of State Boards of Nursing, 2011).
- Chicago Metro SUNA must not transmit any patient-related information or image that is reasonably anticipated to violate patient rights to confidentiality or privacy, this may include to degrade or embarrass the patient (2011).
- Chicago Metro SUNA must not share, post, or otherwise disseminate any information, including images, about a patient or information gained in the nurse-patient relationship with anyone (2011).
- Chicago Metro SUNA must not identify patients by name, or post or publish information that may lead to identification of a patient (2011). This may include physical markings, date of service, location of treatment (2011).
- Chicago Metro SUNA must not refer to patients in a disparaging manner, even if they are not identified (2011).
- Chicago Metro SUNA must not use electronic platforms to advertise political or religious opinions or statements.
- Chicago Metro SUNA must not make disparaging remarks about other individuals, associations, groups, or industries.
- Chicago Metro SUNA will not make threatening, harassing, profane, obscene, sexually explicit, racially derogatory, homophobic or other offensive comments on electronic platforms (2011).