Are you an experienced RN looking for an ambulatory opportunity in a Thriving Urology Practice?
You may be the right candidate for a Rush Ambulatory RN 2 Position!*
- As an Ambulatory RN 2 you will actively provide supervised patient care and be a key participant in our Urology ambulatory care setting located on the Rush campus
- Position offers opportunity to work in a collaborative relationship with a strong health care team committed to achieving growth and meeting established patient care goals
- Position is predominantly Mon-Fri days with no holidays; may have occasional opportunity for weekend hours
- Urology Division ranked high in the US News and World Report Rankings
- Coordinate and provide primary nursing care for urology patients ages 18 and over
- Assist with significant phone triage, scheduling appointments, medicine authorization and patient education while utilizing expert clinical knowledge, compassion and excellent communication skills
- Participate in urological procedures. Examples include: cystoscopy with and w/o minor treatment, vasectomy, hydrocele aspiration, BCG instillation, urodynamics studies, MRI fusion biopsy and fiducial marker placement.
- Administer medications, treatments and provide patient/family education
- Enjoy patient care coordination and patient advocacy
- Collaborate with other team members; provide guidance and support with direct workflow of clinical staff
- Identify and participate in QI activities
- Need to be able to travel occasionally to off-site clinics in Oak Park and River North
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Illinois
BSN or MSN required
- Current CPR Certification
- 1-2 years’ RN experience in an inpatient, ambulatory or home health setting required; urological RN experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently and demonstrate excellent organizational, critical thinking skills and basic computer skills
- Outstanding customer service skills delivering an excellent patient experience
- Basic Electronic Monitoring Record skills; Epic preferred
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently and demonstrate excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift
- Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift. Work requires lifting or carrying objects 35-40lbs. and lifting and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
- The ability to check documents for errors, use a keyboard to enter or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or reports is required.
- Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents
- Rush's new 14-story hospital is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation, an ongoing effort to build new facilities, renovate existing buildings and adopt new technology
- Rush University Medical Center is a four-time Magnet® designated facility
- Leading academic medical center located in Chicago www.rush.edu
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.